Here are some gift ideas for the vintage postcard collector.
- Album or acid-free display picture frame into which the collector can place his or her collectibles.
- Sleeves. A sleeve is a protective sheet of plastic that covers the postcard and protects it when out of an album. Make sure that it is mylar or other archival material.
- Resource books Purchase a gift card from Amazon and let the person do his or her own shopping.
- Storage Boxes Locking or unlocking metal carrying cases are especially nice.
- Software specific to postcard collecting and dealing.
- Lighted magnifying glass
- Gift certificate. Discover where the collector likes to shop for postcards. That way you make no mistakes and the gift will be a perfect choice.
- Magazines. If he or she doesn’t already receive a collector’s periodical, you might consider giving one of the several published periodicals.
- Trip to a postcard fair. Go online and find out where some are happening or better yet, look inside a postcard collector magazine.