During my research for last week’s article, I discovered Bonnie Cashin and fell in love with her fashion. She was one of a kind and designed clothing and purses to die for. Here’s some more on her:
- From Handbags “In 1962, the Coach company hired Bonnie Cashin. Cashin breathed new life into the company. She was considered a pioneer in American sportswear due to her use of industrial hardware and organic materials such as leather, wool and jersey. Cashin is credited with both the brass toggle hardware on Coach bags and the Coach duffle bag. Riding the success of Cashin’s creations, the company ran its first ad in The New Yorker in 1963.”
- A Passion for Fashion gives a personal look at Bonnie Cashin fashion from the perspective of Stephanie Lake, her chronicler.
- Bonnie Cashin Foundation features history,a gallery and shopping opportunities.
- Chic is Where You Find It exhibit photos.
- Reproduction Bonnie Cashin handbags by Coach.